WARNING: All parts of the Pokeberry plant are poisonous. Do not ingest. Keep away from children and pets. Wear gloves.
Pokeberry InkDifficulty: Easy
What You Need
2 Cups pokeweed berries
1 tsp vinegar
A glass jar or bottle
- Mash the berries into a pulp in a small strainer over your jar. This will allow the juice to seep into the jar while the skins and seeds of the berries remain behind. Crush the berries as much as you can.
- Once you have the juice in the jar, add the vinegar and mix thoroughly. This will help thin the ink enough to use it in a fountain pen, as well as preventing spoilage.
- Use a quill or calligraphy pen to write or inscribe spells and incantations during magical workings. Be sure to cap the jar when not in use.
- Note: Some people recommend adding a dash of salt to the ink, or boiling the juice.
- Make sure that all utensils used to make this ink are dedicated to making inks and not used for cooking food.