Lavender & Damiana Drinking ChocolateDifficulty: Easy
What You Need
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk and damiana on low until hot, be careful not to boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Strain out the damiana and return milk to pot, and heat on low.
- Add chocolate, honey, orange zest, and vanilla to the milk and heat until blended and smooth.
- Serve in your favorite mugs, add a few splashes of lavender water and a generous dollop of rose water whipped cream.
- Caution: Possible side effects of Damiana (Turnera diffusa, Turnera aphrodisiaca): Insomnia (excessive doses), Headache (excessive doses), Convulsions (reported after taking 200 grams of damiana extract), lowered blood sugar – for this reason, it should be taken with caution in people with diabetes who take insulin or other blood-sugar–lowering drugs. Damiana should not be taken in the two weeks prior to surgery. The safety of damiana has not been established in those who are pregnant or breastfeeding.