There are times when you do not wish to or cannot burn something that causes a lot of smoke. In these cases, an electric burner is a good alternative. With this method the herbs & resins heat slowly and depending on the herb or resin, the smoke is minimal if there is any at all. Another benefit is that with this method the herb lasts much longer.
Burning Herbs & Resins – Electric Incense/Resin Burner MethodDifficulty: Easy
What You Need
- Begin heating your electric burner by plugging it in and turning it on. Some burners have a temperature gauge that allows you to choose your temperature. If you are not sure which setting to use, start out on high. If it burns too fast, lower it. Preheat for 5 minutes.
- Place a metal cup tray or a piece of foil shaped into a shallow bowl onto the burner. Never place herbs or resins directly on the burner.
- Add a pinch of loose incense, herbs, or resin into the tray or foil cup. If your burner has a lid, carefully put it on. You should smell the aroma right away.
- Check your burner every now and then by using your tongs to remove the lid and then stirring the contents to ensure they all burn.
- When finished, turn off your electric burner and let everything cool before discarding the burnt contents.
- Dispose of the ashes or use them in your spellwork.
- CAUTION: Burn risk. To be performed or supervised by an adult.