Easy Sabbat Cakes
What You Need
3/4 C softened butter
2 C brown sugar
1 T lemon juice
2 t grated lemon rind
2 C flour
1 C finely chopped walnuts (optional)
Powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar to sprinkle
- Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, and rind. Mix until well-blended.
- Stir in flour and walnuts.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When chilled, shape 2″ dough into crescent moons and place 3″ apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar while still hot.
- Allow them to cool before serving.