Chocolate Chip Yule CookiesCuisine: DessertDifficulty: Easy
What You Need
1 cup softened butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Add in water, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
- To cut down on the sweetness, reduce chocolate chips to 1 cup.