What You Need
1 cup potatoes, peeled & diced
2 cups self-raising flour
pinch of salt & black pepper
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Boil and mash potatoes, allow to cool.
- Add salt & pepper to flour and mix in butter.
- Add mashed potatoes and enough milk to make a soft but not too mushy dough.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and roll to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into 3-inch circles using a pastry cutter.
- Arrange on lightly greased tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Eat warm, split in half, with butter.