Beltane Honey CakesDifficulty: Moderate
What You Need
180ml (6 oz) water
3/4 cup (12 tbsp) honey
3-4 chamomile teabags
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 tsp lemon juice
125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
125 ml (1/2 cup) sunflower oil
1/2 cup (8 tbsp) honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
260 g (8 oz) all purpose flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
- Combine water and honey in a small saucepan and boil for 1-2 mins.
- Remove from the heat and add the tea bags. Cover and steep for 10-15 mins.
- Remove the tea bags and stir in the vanilla and salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Grease a muffin tin.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, eggs, lemon juice, milk and vanilla until combined.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, baking of soda and salt. Stir until combined but don’t over mix.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tins – fill 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12- 15 mins. Test the center with a toothpick. If it comes out clean they are ready.
- Place cakes onto a cooling rack and drizzle with the chamomile honey.